Hunt Club Community Organization, Ottawa Canada
The March Meeting is on Monday 11 March
The Hunt Club community is home to 13 000 people.
We are their community association.
due to scheduling conflicts with an OPL Board meeting and a City Master Plan presentation.
We work to
We are on Facebook.
- maintain and improve the residential character, environment, and quality of life in Hunt Club,
- preserve and enhance Ottawa Public Library services to our community,
- promote the interests of Hunt Club residents, and
- present the concerns of Hunt Club to all levels of government.
If you haven't already, please complete our library questionnaires
Our current major activities include
- Supporting the annual Hunt Club Cares Garage Sale;
- sponsoring community festivals;
- building a community garden in Cahill Park;
- supporting a neighbourhood art group;
- improving traffic flow along Riverside Drive and Hunt Club Road;
- improving transit access from our community to all areas of Ottawa by OCTranspo and LRT;
- encouraging residents to look after our parks and green spaces, especially Paul Landry Park rejuvenation;
- sponsoring Meet&Greets for council candidates; and
- intervening in the proposed Claridge development at the intersection of Hunt Club Road and the Airport Parkway.
The Hunt Club community is a special place:
- We have an especially mixed demographic in age groups, ethnocultural backgrounds,
socio-economic levels and family set ups. Our neighbourhood includes single dwellings,
semi-detached units, townhouse units, apartment buildings, retirement homes, and an exceptional
number of co-ops that offer rent-to-income housing and village-like living. Our housing ranges
from million dollar mansions to Ottawa Community Housing.
- We're safe and friendly, within walking distance of many needed amenities and easy driving
distance to most areas of Ottawa (except at rush hour of course).
- Our pedestrian bridge over the Airport Parkway provides walking and cycling access to the
Sawmill Creek wetland, the South Keys Transitway station and the South Keys shopping center.
- We've the second largest complex of Asian markets and services in Ottawa.
- We've three times the green space as the Ottawa average, including the Sawmill Creek wetlands
and Rideau River shoreline.
- We've 5 minute access to the international airport and its hotels and convention center.
- We've a great community centre that offers lots of opportunities for exercise and artistic
- The prestigious Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club has been part of the community for over 100 years.
Next Meeting |
HCCA History |
Our Area |
Our Names |
Our History |
Our Cultural Heritage |
Hunt Club Creek