Hunt Club Community Organization, Ottawa Canada
We work to
The Hunt Club community is home to 13 000 people.
We are their community association.
We are on Facebook.
- maintain and improve the residential character, environment, and quality of life in Hunt Club,
- preserve and enhance Ottawa Public Library services to our community,
- promote the interests of Hunt Club residents, and
- present the concerns of Hunt Club to all levels of government.
If you haven't already, please complete our library questionnaires
Our current major activities include
- Supporting the annual Hunt Club Cares Garage Sale;
- sponsoring community festivals;
- building a community garden in Cahill Park;
- supporting a neighbourhood art group;
- improving traffic flow along Riverside Drive and Hunt Club Road;
- improving transit access from our community to all areas of Ottawa by OCTranspo and LRT;
- encouraging residents to look after our parks and green spaces, especially Paul Landry Park rejuvenation;
- sponsoring Meet&Greets for council candidates; and
- intervening in the proposed Claridge development at the intersection of Hunt Club Road and the Airport Parkway.
The Hunt Club community is a special place:
- We have an especially mixed demographic in age groups, ethnocultural backgrounds,
socio-economic levels and family set ups. Our neighbourhood includes single dwellings,
semi-detached units, townhouse units, apartment buildings, retirement homes, and an exceptional
number of co-ops that offer rent-to-income housing and village-like living. Our housing ranges
from million dollar mansions to Ottawa Community Housing.
- We're safe and friendly, within walking distance of many needed amenities and easy driving
distance to most areas of Ottawa (except at rush hour of course).
- Our pedestrian bridge over the Airport Parkway provides walking and cycling access to the
Sawmill Creek wetland, the South Keys Transitway station and the South Keys shopping center.
- We've the second largest complex of Asian markets and services in Ottawa.
- We've three times the green space as the Ottawa average, including the Sawmill Creek wetlands
and Rideau River shoreline.
- We've 5 minute access to the international airport and its hotels and convention center.
- We've a great community centre that offers lots of opportunities for exercise and artistic
- The prestigious Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club has been part of the community for over 100 years.
Next Meeting |
HCCA History |
Our Area |
Our Names |
Our History |
Our Cultural Heritage |
Hunt Club Creek