We are your community association, your voice on local and city-wide issues.
Who We Are
The Hunt Club Community Association (HCCA) is a non-profit organization serving the Hunt Club community which borders the Rideau River to the West, Hunt Club Road to the South, the Airport Parkway to the East and the railroad tracks crossing McCarthy Road to the North. Hunt Club is home to 13,000 residents.
Our mission is to promote the interests of Hunt Club residents to all levels of government while helping to maintain and improve the residential character, environment and quality of life in our community.
- To support our city Councillor in dealing with local and city-wide initiatives and issues
- To support city and local environmental initiatives
- To provide opportunities for residents to engage with each other through public activities like our annual fall festival and art in the park
- To preserve and enhance Library Services in our community
In addition to representing the community regarding local issues to all levels of government, the HCCA has undertaken projects that promote: food security; the environment; and other initiatives that help build our community.
- Get Growing Program
- Maudlin Matilda McEwan Community Garden
- Paul Landry Park
- Canadian Pacific Women's Open Golf Tournament - Clean Up Crew:
Information & Advocacy
- Hunt Club: My Community Newsletter
- Paul Landry Park Playground Equipment
- Library Services
- Snow Moles Walkability Survey
- Art Club
- Harmony in Cultures Mural
- Fall Community Festival
- Art in the Park Event
- Harmony in Cultures Festival
- Guided Nature Walk Event
- Provincial Elections - Meet & Greet Events
- Federal Elections - Meet & Greet Events
- Municipal Elections - Meet & Greet Events
- Friends of the Ottawa Public Library Book Drive
- Hunt Club Cares Garage Sale
- Syrian Refugee Family Sponsorship Fundraiser
Board of Directors
The affairs of the association are overseen by a group of volunteers who are elected by members of the community during the Annual General Meeting (AGM) held in the fall of each year.
Membership Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor, Hunt Club: My Community Newsletter email@example.com
Chair, Library Services Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
The work of the association is carried out by board members, association members and members of the community through a number of committees.
- Library Services Matter Committee
- Environment Committee
- Governance Committee
- Communications Committee
- Finance Committee
- City Services Committee
Newly created neighbourhood developments often become the catalyst for the creation of a community association. This tradition in Canada is a proven way to create instant social networks and links with municipal, provincial and federal elected representatives in order that residents’ voices are better heard and their interests served.
Our earliest records show that the association began in 1979 as the Western Community Association but then changed its name to Hunt Club Community Association in 1980. The association was incorporated as the Hunt Club Community Organization in 1985. In 2019 the association was reincorporated as the Hunt Club Community Association.
The Hunt Club Community Association (HCCA) carries out its activities in partnership with other community associations, non-profit organizations, all levels of government and is supported by the donations and assistance of local businesses.
- City of Ottawa
- Hunt Club-Riverside Park Community Centre
- Riley Brockington
- Ottawa Police Service - Community Policing (Constable Marcus Cibischino)
- Province of Ontario
- John Fraser
- Government of Canada
- David McGuinty
- South East Ottawa Community Health Centre (SEOCHC)
- Riverside Park Community Association (RPCA)
- Federation of Citizen Associations (FCA)
The Hunt Club Community Association is here to help you. Let us know if you have any concerns, or good news that you want to share. Please feel free to reach out to us through one of the following means.
Hunt Club Community Association (HCCA)
3320 Paul Anka Drive
Ottawa, ON K1V 0J9