Join our Board of Directors
JOIN OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS!
The Hunt Club Community Association (HCCA) is recruiting for our volunteer Board of Directors. We are seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds that reflect populations in our Hunt Club community. According to our By-Laws, it is the duty of the Past President to organize the election of new Directors at our upcoming Annual General Meeting (AGM), on Monday, November 2, 2020 at 7 p.m.
This will be our first ‘COVID times’ Annual General Meeting. Like for so many other sectors in our society, things will be done a little differently this year, offering an opportunity for renewal and change. This year we would like to have all interested candidates state how they are prepared to contribute to improving our community, based on their skill set, experience and interests.
We’re looking for people who:
- are residents of Hunt Club and/or are already contributing to one or more of our community initiatives;
- have a burning desire to help make our community the best place possible to live, work and play;
- look forward to sharing ideas with and information with our River Ward councilor, who attends our monthly meetings;
- are ‘team players’ and are prepared to actively participate in the Association;
- are looking to connect with other residents to help shape a safe, healthy, and vibrant community.
There is an abundance of talent, skill sets and interests right here in Hunt Club and we’re looking to harvest these to enrich and strengthen our community association. Your experience/interest might be in finance, business, communications (writing, public speaking, deciphering articles), public relations, events planning, fundraising, music, visual arts, theatre, gardening, parks, social media, library and other community services, recreation, transportation and development, safety issues, environmental issues, or other.
Please consider stepping forward as a member and even possibly as a director.
The work of the association is carried out by board members, association members and members of the community through a number of committees.
- Library Services Matter Committee
- Environment Committee
- Governance Committee
- Communications Committee
- Finance Committee
- City Services Committee