March 3, 1997
- Fred McLennan, President
- Ken Donnelley, Community Development
- Bill Royds
- Ann Brandel, SOGRAT
- Nancy Seabe, Community Development
- Wendy Steward, RMOC councillor
- Karin Howard, City Ward OT8 councillor
- Gisèle Loiselle-Branch
l. WENDY STEWART reported:
– 80 km. dangerous for bicyclists
– most of us present agree to leave at 70 km/hr.
4. McCarthy woods has priority, the problem is the adjacent land to McCarthy woods.
5. South Keys
- – Last Tuesday was the last meeting on issues.
- – Mayor’s son is the agent for South Key development (conflict)
- – Karen might get in writing so that she can bring conflict of interest to council.
- – Cahill resdients were promised no road extension for 20 years or at least until South Key mall was totally developed.
- – Karen voiced that she was the only one to vote against because of promise of Johnson road was not kept.
- – Cash was offered in lieu of green space – 2% of cost for parkland is the law.
7. Mega Week will be announced soon in papers.
8. Rabies Vaccination – Owners will have to prove whenever kids get bitten, scratched or scared.
9. Governance in Ottawa/Carleton
- – 2 elections will be needed
- – Hopefully next 6 months will have solutions.
- – Federal gov’t will dissolve itself
- – Municipal councillors have to agree before Dec.’97
- – In general there is one vote per taxpayer, how will they accomplish that and from border to border starting with urban areas. Note that regional family helps thos farmland areas.
- – Karen mentioned that she will not give her ideas until she hears from voters.
- – There will be an election of delegates in Fall ’97.
- – Regional and city council have been doing so well in the past 2 yrs.
- – Karen said that it’s because many changes were because the council is from younger generation.
- – Will have to come up with a process real soon.
- – Waiting on feedback from group before 12th to be able to build consensus.
- – Karen is inviting Wendy Friday at noon, at the regional office.
- – Will the money they save be re-implemented in new services?
- – Large hospitals are more cost/efficient
3750 Bowesville Road – cash was offered in lieu of Parking application…..