May 4, 1998
- Fred McLennan, President
- Art Miskew, Vice-President
- Alan Asselstine, Treasurer
- Bill Royds, Director (memberships)
- Anne Brandel, Director (recreation/social)
- Warren Munroe, Director
- Nancy Seaby, Director (transit)
- Gisèle Loiselle-Branch, Director (representing Sequoia Coop and Twyford-Cahill area)
- Shelley Parlow, Director (representing the Hunt Club Corridor Protection Association)
- Wendy Stewart, RMOC councillor
- Karin Howard, City councillor
- Pat Hitzman, The News
- Cindy Ross (softball)
The following summarizes the issues discussed at the 4 May 98 meeting of the Hunt Club Community Organization (HCCO) at the Hunt Club Riverside Community Centre (HCRCC).
Regional Councillor, Wendy Stewart, submitted a report on the following:
- Governance Debate Goes On
- Bridge Rehabilitation Begins on May 6
- Airport Parkway Extended Traffic Impact Study
- Airport Parkway Ramp at Walkley Road
- OC Transpo Updates
- SOGCRAT Funding
- RADAR Trailer Kick-off
- Ottawa-Carleton Housing Annual Report and Housing Directory
- Free Computers Available for Needy Persons
- Environmental Health Advisory Group
- Woodchips Available from Ice Storm Clean-up
- Boy Scouts Plant Trees on Airport Parkway lands
- Bilingual Services Task Force Launched
- Ice Storm Disaster Relief Fundraising Week
City councillor, Karin Howard, submitted a newsletter reporting on the following:
- Budget ’98
- Saudi Arabian Embassy Site Plan
- Hot Dog Vendors responsible for Market Violence?
- NOSS Study
- Parking Restrictions – McCarthy Road
- Ice Storm Tree Damage Update
- Mayor’s Award for Community Service
- OMB Decision 4160 Riverside Drive
Results of security survey:
- Found a lot of security problems.
- Lot of garbage and broken glass.
- Created an agenda for security for next year.
- 5 May meeting to consolidate Safety Audit results; 21 May meeting as well.
- For more information, contact Shelley Parlow.
Riley Brockington, Anne Brandel, Bill Royds, Shelley Parlow proposed a fundraising strategy – plan due in a few months. For more information, call Riley Brockington.
The study of Hunt Club heritage sites is complete and has been submitted to the city.
Bowesville Rd. to be closed at end of May 98.
Going to maintain softball league, but effective this year, HCRCC is taking over the league. Fee associated with storing equipment; if City takes it over then there would be no fee for storing equipment. For more information, call Peter Vasdi.
Next meeting: Mon 1 June 98 at 7:30pm